Back to Contents
Below are links to wills and will abstracts for our 5G grandmother, Elizabeth Evans Hodgkins, her brothers, Amos Evans and Joshua Evans, father Philip Evans, grandfather David Evans and great grandfather John ap Evan, father of Mary Jones.
- Elizabeth (EVANS) HODGKINS 1814 Will in Pleasant Twp, Clermont Co, Ohio, names sons James, Samuel and Joshua, as well as grandchildren named Slade, Lane and Robins. Other related names: Burget, Crosley, Pangburn and Wright.
- Joshua EVANS 1813 Will, Caervarnon Twp, Lancaster Co, PA, names sister Elizabeth HODGEKINS, brother Amos EVANS, Amos' grandson Philip EVANS. Also names Elizabeth EVANS and Robert Jenkins, executor's of estate of Nathan EVANS, but doesn't give relationships.
- Amos EVANS 1793 Will, proved 1796 in Salisbury Twp, Lancaster Co, PA, names wife Christiana, children, Ruth, Susanna and Joshua, grandson Philip, and names brother Joshua Evans, Executor.
- Philip EVANS 1779 Will in Aston Twp, Chester Co, PA. Names wife Elizabeth, sons Samuel, John, Joshua, Amos, daughters Ruth, Hannah, Elizabeth, grandsons John Butler, Philip Evans, son of John.
- David EVANS 1709 Will in Radnor Twp, Chester Co, PA, proved 17 May 1710. Abstract names wife Mary, sons Caleb, Joshua, Evan, David, Philip, John, daughters Gwen, Mary, Margaret, Sarah, grandsons Edward & William Foulks, sons of Gwen, John & Garner Humphrey, sons of Margaret.
- John EVANS 1703 Will in Radnor Twp, Chester Co, PA, proved 22 Nov 1707. Abstract names wife Delilah, daughters Mary wife of David Evan, Sarah wife of John Morgan, Jane, Margaret wife of Hugh Samuel, Phebe wife of Edward David, sons Rees Jones and Thomas Jones, brother Edward Evans and niece Elizabeth. David Evan and John Morgan, executors.